School Hours, Drop-Off & Pickup
Our school day begins at 8:40 a.m. and ends at 3:05 p.m.
Using Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation Transportation is the safest way to transport your children. Families choosing to drop off or pick up their students please follow these procedures listed below.
We also remind parents to remember these important safety measures: stop for students in the crosswalk and please refrain from cell phone use when dropping off and picking up.
- Buses begin to arrive at approximately 8:15 a.m. They will pull up to Door B in no specific order. Students who arrive on the earliest buses must remain seated on the bus until they are greeted by staff members. Students who will enter the building at 8:25.
- If your child is a car rider, please do not drop them off before 8:25.
- Staff members will greet students in the front circle drive upon arrival. All students should exit their vehicles on the right side.
- In the event that your child arrives after 8:40 a.m., parents MUST park in the visitor’s lot and escort their child inside the building to the front office and sign him/her in for late arrival.
- If your child is a walker, he/she must have a current permission slip on file in the office. Walkers should not arrive before 8:25 a.m.
- Students riding the buses are dismissed at 3:05 p.m. Students who are car riders and walkers must wait inside the school until the buses have left before they can exit the building. This is done for safety reasons.
- Parents arriving to pick up their child, should, upon entering the school property, make an immediate right turn into the staff parking lot, north of the building.
- Proceed through the lot to the back exit and then form a line along the driveway.
- Once buses are gone we will ask that the line pull all the way up to the staff member on duty at the front of the school.
- Please make sure your cell phones are turned off and remain in your car. We will bring your child(ren) to you.